Saturday, May 10, 2014

05.08.2014

All white everything..... and yes, BEFORE Memorial Day.

It turns out my one free night this week (Wednesday night, that is) is the hottest day we have had yet this year.  And in this steaming hot apartment I managed to cook my child (Kelli) dinner (Italian sausage sandwiches), did Heathers make-up, and picked out her all-white outfit.  Yes, you can go ahead and pencil me in for the next season of The Real House Wives of Des Moines.  Anyway, I digress.  I've always gown up listening to the "written rules of fashion".  You know, the whole don't mix black and brown, no socks and sandals, and the really old one: no white between Labor Day and Memorial Day.  Well after years and years of watching What Not to Wear, I have decided I am 100% embracing the idea of all-white everything.

So following the trend of my last few posts, I'm going to show you how to wear a beautiful white skirt (BEFORE MEMORIAL DAY) for a fun night out or as casual daywear.  Basically I'm showing you how to get your money's worth for this elegant, yet versatile piece of clothing (you're welcome).  The first outfit is really pushing the 'white before Labor Day' limits.  I am going white on white for this one.  If you follow social media at all (or basically if you don't live under a rock) you have seen the white on white trend EVERYWHERE this spring.  Heather had this amazing all sequins white and gold skirt that I fell in love with the moment I saw it.  Here's the kicker, it was $8.  So this first, more "dressed up", look is what I decided to piece together to incorporate this beautiful sequins skirt.



After this pretty white on white look, I decided to toughen this skirt up a little bit.  I've always been a fan of graphic or band tees, so I thought that would be the perfect mix for this all white skirt.  Then, because I love accessorizing and I can't go a day with out a little bling, I thought adding a classic jeweled necklace would bring this outfit to life.  Yes, I HAD to post this picture of Heather with Boo.  For you who don't know my little baby Boo, she HATES every one except for Kelli and I.


I also decided I would break out a little makeup as well.  Last weekend I wanted to switch it up, so i decided to give Kelli's eyes a purple, smokey look.  I love, love, love purple shadow with green eyes; it makes them pop like you wouldn't believe!  So I kicked it up a notch and gave Heather extra dark, smokey, purple eyes.  I also used my AMAZING stippling foundation brush (see here) to give her a flawless, air brushed look.


No comments:

Post a Comment