Thursday, May 1, 2014

04.30.2014.

Rainy day gray eyes and vodka vodka vodka.

So this weather is really starting to PISS me off.  How am I suppose to take pictures of my friends in minimal amounts of clothing when it's constantly raining?  Well today I had to go a different route since the weather isn't expected to change for the next few days.  Also my boyfriend keeps telling me to branch out from only talking about clothes (because he knows I can go on for days), so I decided to go out on all limb and focus this post on makeup.  Disclaimer: I DO NOT claim to be any sort of makeup pro, but I do enjoy it, and my friends "say" they like what I do (really I think they are all too lazy to do it themselves).  Plus, I have tried all the cheap, crappy makeup out there and have found some good brands that are reliable and affordable.

I mentioned a while back that I would also be talking about my favorite cocktails.  Well since we have been neglecting our vodka stash on top of the fridge, I thought it was time we get reacquainted. So after a LONG day of work, I texted Kel and let her know, "WE ARE DRINKING TONIGHT". She like always, agreed and we decided since it was just Easter and we have a ridiculous amount of leftover peeps, we would attempt to make the ever popular Pinterest peeps martini.  I really want to lie to you all and tell you it was the greatest thing I've ever had, but I'm not that good of a liar.  It was not good.  The recipe called for vodka, peeps, cream, and vanilla syrup.  We had the vodka and the peeps, but we had to wing it from there.  After adding a splash of milk and vanilla extract, we choked down a very STRONG but pretty peeps martini.

Okay, back to the makeup.  For my birthday this year, my best friend gave me the Urban Decay Naked 2 palate.  For those who like/know makeup, THAT IS AN AMAZING GIFT.  I was so excited/still am that I have been neglecting my other beautiful eye shadows for the last few months.  I've tried dark eyes on Kelli, but her being a red head and all, it just doesn't work all that well.  Luckily my friend Heather has the perfect eyes for dark makeup, so she let's me go a little over the top.  I typically gravitate towards browns, golds, and coppers but with Heathers eyes, I changed it up a little.  The naked pallet has beautiful silvers and blacks so I went all out with these for the look I'm featuring tonight.




I know this isn't a look that you can wear everyday to work, or school, or whatever you do during the day, but it's super easy to do.  Most likely you would want to do this for a date night, a weekend out on the town, or in Heather's case--a random Tuesday night after your friend begs you to model for her.  The naked 2 pallet is amazing, the colors are super pigmented and blend like you wouldn't believe.  Even though I'm ultra cheap and hate wasting money, this is definitely WORTH IT.  I also recently brought some amazing new make-up brushes off amazon for $16 (see here) that I'm obsessed with and definitely recommend for people trying to achieve a sultry, smokey eye look.

No comments:

Post a Comment