Wednesday, June 4, 2014

06.04.2014

You don't have to be in the military to wear a military jacket.

So between all the "hard core sports" I've been playing, squeezing in roommate/friend time, and being mildy obsessed with my boyfriend since he's been home, I've been slacking in my blogging duties. I decided to step it up a little and give you a little 2-for-1 on this post.

A month or so ago Kelli came home from a shopping trip with this beautiful dark green army/military jacket that she got at Old Navy on sale for only $10!!!! I was in love from the moment I laid eyes on it and have been plotting my next photo shoot since that moment. I know that it's a little late for a jacket post since it's early June and was 85 yesterday, but I just couldn't hold out until next fall. I tried to make these looks as summery as possible since I know it's not super realistic to wear a jacket in the middle of summer, but plllllease bear with me.

Last night was the first free night that we have all had in quite a while so I reserved as many friends as possible (ended up being only two). Of course the one free night we had they were predicting storms, wind, hail, and even tornados, but I was determined to blog and wasn't going to let the weather stop me. I apologize that these aren't the best quality pictures- we had a 30 minute window to get as many good pictures as possible. Soooo again please bear with me :)

Kelli was up first, she didn't have a lot of time to get ready so don't mind the crazy hair and lack of makeup ; ).  Of course the outfit is centered around the green military jacket. Heather had this brand new tank she got from Nordstom, that I really loved and had to feature as well, and Kelli got the acid washed jeans at a super sale for $15 (yes flash back to the 90's).  This outfit is more casual and again, not super summery (because of the jacket) but I am in love with it and would wear it on several different occasions. I have the best time shopping in my friend's closets, putting outfits together, and forcing them to model them for me. They say a picture is worth a thousand words, so here are three to show you how well this look came together.





Like I said earlier, I have been the worse blogger in history lately, so I wanted to give you two looks in one post. As soon as we came back from Kelli's photo shoot, I forced Heather to throw her hair up and put on the outfit I had lined up for her. At this time the rain had picked up a little, so we had to find some cover for her photo shoot. There are some apartments down the road that have all these gorgeous brick archways so we took shelter there. Again I apologize for the low quality of these picture. Heather's look is attempting to channel summer as well. She is slightly obsessed with bunnies so I thought this shirt of her's was perfect. You can also ditch the coat (even though that is sort of the point) and wear this tank with the short, necklace and sandals for a full-fledged summer night out.




Kel's Outfit
Jacket- Old Navy- $10
Shirt- Nordstom- $10
Jeans- Younkers- $15
Sandals- TJ Maxx- $15
Necklace- Target- $12
Total- $62

Heather's Outfit
Jacket- Old Navy- $10
Shirt- Macys- $18
Shorts- Forever 21- $18
Sandals- TJ Maxx- $15
Necklace- Premier- $20 (discount for hosting party : ) )
Total-$81

No comments:

Post a Comment