Tuesday, June 10, 2014

06.10.4014

Femininity That's A Little Rough Around the Edges.

Since everyone is too busy for me lately and Kelli decided that studying for her medical school boards was more important than devoting all her time to my blog, I decided I had to double up on my picture taking efforts last week. So if you notice some similarity in hair styles/makeup/venue/ and weather patterns, then you my friend, have a good eye. Yeah, maybe my models consist of my best friends who were forced to change in the front seat of a Oldsmobile Alero during a rain storm, but hey I warned you that I would be blogging on a budget!

Between the speedy outfit changes and the rain storm I was able to get two more ensembles out of Kelli and Heather. They both feature one of my best buys in the past few years, a leather jacket. I was at Target one day and saw this leather (okay pleather) jacket for $36, and for those who know me, that was pushing the upper limit of my budget. I decided that I would wear it at least 36 times which meant I would get my money's worth (self justification). Well it ended up being the right call because between myself, Kelli and any of my other friends that steal my stuff, it has paid for it's self and then some.

Leather is often associated with masculinity (think biker gang), but it is obviously one of my favorites so I thought I would pair it with a few of my (Kelli's) most feminine pieces and let the contrasting styles compliment each other. The first look I put Kelli in is a gorgeous pink lace dress from Charlotte Russe for only $18, matched with my leather jacket. Kelli originally bought it for a wedding which it was perfect for, but now I wanted to give it a dressed down/tougher look that you can wear for a night out/ dinner date. I have noticed a big transition in my jewelry choices in the past year. I used to be in a serious relationship with anything silver, and the thought of cheating with gold would have never crossed my mind. Now I can match gold with anything and everything, hence the gold overload on Kelli's arm.






The next look features my favorite summer trend, floral. Whether it is a floral top, dress, shorts, or in this case a romper, I have become obsessed. I actually just purchased another floral top from Marshall's the other day for $9.99 that my even my 11 year-old sister approved of. Unfortunately for tall people like myself, rompers are NOT our best friends. They are always too short and give you that unfortunate camel toe (TMI?). So for my petite/short girls out there, rompers were definitely made for you. Kelli came home with this floral romper from TJ Maxx ($15) and I immediately yelled at her for not getting a bigger size so it would fit me. When I settled down a little, I thought this would be the perfect match for my leather (yes, yes I know PLEATHER) jacket. Wedges are another thing I don't think you can make it through summer without. I paired  both these looks with wedges and it definitely dressed up both looks. If you want to go a little more casual with these outfits, add a pair of flats/sandals and you're set.




Kelli's Look
Leather Jacket- Target- $36
Lace Dress- Charlotte Russe- $18
Wedges- Target- $25
Bracelets- Premire- $ 20 a piece (party discount)
Watch- Michael Kors- Christmas Present
Total- $99

Heather's Look
Leather Jacket- Target- $36
Romper- TJ Maxx- $15
Wedges- Target- $24
Necklace- Charlotte Russe- $5
Total- $80

No comments:

Post a Comment