Thursday, April 24, 2014

04.23.2014

Everyone loves a little leather.

So I've been wanting to post this outfit since the day I started dreaming of this  blog.  I love love love leather and everything about it (orrrrr...pleather if you are money-conscious like me).  Whether it's leather leggings (and yes, I can completely justify spending $60 on a pair), a leather jacket, leather detailing on a shirt, or the focus of my post- a very necessary leather skirt, I own it all.

Since I clearly cannot write a post without a little alcohol in my system, I invited my friend Brittany over tonight for a little wine, make-up, and a hair appt.  An hour (and a bottle of wine) later Brittany has dark sultry eyes and classic braid to wear out to casual drinks at Wellmans (which happens to be the topic of my next post) but anyway, back to the leather.  I decided the leather skirt deserved two looks since it's so beautiful, and the fact that I've received a few requests to showcase how to wear one item multiple ways after my last post made it a no-brainer (this is for you, Jess).

The other part of this look involves a few of my favorite things, SEQUINS & SPARKLES, and a casual v-neck.  My group of friends consists of the type of people that really enjoy getting overly dressed up to get drunk on the weekends (mostly ME), and others who are more comfortable drinking at home in their sweats. So I really feel like these looks will cover both ends of the spectrum.  A leather skirt is something that you can incorporate into soooo many different outfits.  If you've ever looked at the women's clothes section on pinterest, you've seen a leather skirt paired with a t-shirt, chambray shirt, sparkly shirt, blazer, etc.  So it was hard to pull ONLY two looks for this one skirt, when I had so many options.

For this extremely amateur photo shoot, I took a little time and pushed Kelli out of her comfort zone.  I did her hair a little bigger than normal and her make-up a little more wild than she is used to (well, wild by her standards).  It was pretty easy to get her hair up since she doesn't wash it that often, and as all my friends know, I am no stranger to a teasing comb.  Then of course I had to throw in a little winged eye liner since that is my go to on a night out, and quiet honestly a regular day at the office.

So the first look is one of my favorite combinations of all-time.  Leather & Sequins.  This is for a weekend out on the town, a special occasion, or if you are like my group of friends then this works for a typical Saturday night at The Exchange.  For the most part, we don't shy away from dressing up up and trying to pull off different looks like leather or sequins whenever we can.
























Earrings in first look- Vintage- $0
Sequins Shirt- Mint LA- Clearance- $15.00
Leather Skirt- Forever 21- $8.80
Tan Pumps- Steve Madden- Clearance $36.00
Second Look Headband- Forever 21- $3.00
Gray V-Neck- Old Navy- $5.00
Black Flats- Target- $5.00

Total for two looks- $72.80

No comments:

Post a Comment